Success on the Autism Spectrum with Homeopathy
Register for the Free Bonus Session NOW!
Title: Starting your Success on the Autism Spectrum5:00 - 6:00 pm Pacific timeDate: Tuesday, December 15Registration link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4868953458429648911
In this 6-week course, we bring together the collective knowledge and experience of three top level instructors in homeopathy to share the information that has helped them achieve successful results with their cases of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
ASD is a complex chronic condition that impairs social communication and interaction across multiple settings. These challenges make creating and maintaining relationships difficult. Additionally, ASD is characterized by restricted patterns of behavior, interests and activities. It is sometimes described as a “neuro-behavioral-psychiatric-genetic-gastrointestinal” disorder because there are multiple organ systems and contributing factors that give rise to the “totality of symptoms”.
For this reason, homeopathy is an ideal fit because ASD requires a holistic and individualized approach. Starting with Aphorism #71, we need to first understand what “dis-ease” we are treating, and what healing looks like in these patients (vis-a-vis Aphorism #9). We will look at the core deficits of ASD through the lens of our repertory and explore commonly-used remedies helpful in treating ASD. This course will focus on how to work with the parents’ expectations, how to elicit prescribing symptoms (even with non-verbal children), and how to monitor progress in a case.
Sessions 1, 2 & 3 will be taught by Ian Luepker, ND, DHANP
- Strangers in a Strange Land: Diagnostic Features of ASD
- Epidemiology of ASD: Exploring genes and vaccines
- Naming the Problem: Challenges and benefits of diagnosis
- Holistic Homeopathy: The perfect fit for ASD
- Strange, Rare, Peculiar: Case-receiving tips from the field
- Preoccupied and Persistent: Trains, planes and water (cases)
- Remedy differential of Preoccupied and Persistent Presentations
- Discussion of Preoccupied and Persistent Case: 7 yr-old girl with ASD and Sinusitis
- ASD Gestures and Motor Movements: Case study, Rubrics and Remedies
- Alphabet Soup: Diagnoses that accompany or disguise ASD
- Odd, Anxious, and Obsessive: Hand washing, twirling and numerology
- Alone, Awkward and Alienated: Human behavior doesn’t compute (case)
- Sensitive and Selective: Picky in a prickly world, SPD and ASD
- Happy, Hyper and Horrible: Overlapping AD(H)D and ASD
- Cure is a dirty word in ASD community: Is palliation more palatable?
- Kent’s Remedy observations: Is the 7th a reasonable goal with ASD?
- How does ASD benefit society: Is there a place for differences?
- Diet and Lifestyle: Establishing the causes and conditions for success
- Family Systems: How helping one can help all!
Session 4 will be taught by John Millar, BSc, ND, DHANP, CCH, HOM
During his 2-hour presentation, Dr. Millar will examine the role of Thuja in the treatment of autism, and present a case.
Your child will never speak! . . . so the parents are told.
Something is wrong with my child . . . but nobody knows what.
- Ailments from vaccination: Why is Thuja in this rubric?
- Lying and hiding . . . No wonder Thuja is difficult to diagnose
- Thuja - the great masquerader
- Where is Thuja on the Autism Spectrum?
- What else besides the remedy?
- Related Remedies to Thuja
Sessions 5 & 6 will be taught by Kim Elia
The autism epidemic requires that homeopathic practitioners prepare to meet a unique set of challenges when treating this patient population. During these two sessions Kim will offer case examples and differentiating points among the most commonly used remedies, ensuring participants an enhanced understanding of the effective use of homeopathy in working with autism spectrum disorders.
Some of the remedies which will be reviewed include:
- Bufo rana
- Baryta carbonica
- Cannabis indica
- Anhalonium lewinii
- Agaricus muscarius
- Veratrum album
- Helleborus niger
And many other smaller remedies that are common in practice.
Kim will also discuss homeopathic philosophy/methodology, case taking, case analysis, repertory and posology. Cases from the literature and Kim’s clinical practice will be used to illustrate the various points.